6 Great Channels for YouTube Business English Conversation Videos
To really learn business English, you have to use the language on a daily basis.
A smart, easy and absolutely free way to practice basic business English conversations is to watch the plethora of conversation videos available on YouTube.
It’ll give you tons of vocabulary and phrases that you’ll be able to use in the real world.
Read on to find out which resources are the most suitable for you.
- Business English Pod
- Twominute English
- Boston English Centre
- Crown Academy of English
- How to Supplement These Business English Conversation Videos
Anglo-Link is a brilliant resource for both speaking and listening in English. Most of their videos cross the 10-minute mark, and give you detailed instructions or advice on specific topics.
They also have specific videos on business English conversations sorted into pre-intermediate and intermediate levels. The former covers the basics such as introductions, greetings and how to cordially welcome visitors.
The latter has a series of five videos that cover common daily expressions, along with instructional videos on telephoning and making appointments—take notes on paper if you have to!
Business English Pod
You may already be familiar with this name on account of their hugely popular business English podcast. But you can also access the same resources via their YouTube channel. This will be particularly helpful for all those learning English as a second language (ESL) or preparing to take ESL exams.
Their playlist “Business English – English Conversation and Vocabulary” is a gold mine that covers everything from how to disagree with ideas in English to how to keep a conversation going. If you’re the sort of person who likes to be prepared for any situation, check out these 60 videos before going for your first day at work.
Are you short on time, but dedicated to mastering conversations in business English? Then check out these really short, amazing lessons on the channel.
Their playlist “English Conversations” will teach you how to talk to a difficult customer, discuss your future plans and even make small talk with your colleagues about sports.
If you like what you see on the videos, you might consider checking out their website to get access to all their videos and free lessons.
Boston English Centre
Boston English Centre is devoted to making English language lessons accessible to all. Their channel is particularly useful if you want to master everyday conversations on a variety of topics in English. After all, working in a business-related field, you have to be able to make small talk with your clients and co-workers, particularly if you’re in sales and marketing.
Their playlist “Everyday English Conversations” covers spoken English dialogues and conversations designed for all levels, be it elementary, beginner, pre-intermediate and intermediate.
Their videos are quite long, with some of them exceeding two hours. However, if you’re a serious learner who wants to be successful at the workplace and beyond, this channel is for you.
Crown Academy of English
The YouTube channel of Crown Academy of English is run by Andrew, a TESOL-qualified English teacher with over 10 years of experience. So if you choose to subscribe to this channel, remember you’re in safe hands.
Many of the videos actually feature conversations in business-related topics between native speakers, such as a sales meeting or a hotel reservation.
They also have videos that teach you all you need to know about telephone calls or cover the most common business English expressions used in conversations.
This channel is dedicated to training all their subscribers to talk like “native speakers” and become fluent in all manner of English conversations.
Their playlist “Master English Conversation 2.0 – Speak Fluent” will train you to speak English by exposing you to real life conversations that you can use in your daily life.
They also have videos geared towards advanced learners that focus on difficult grammar rules, phrases and even pronunciation. In short, they provide you with the ultimate tool-kit to tackle any conversation in English, with utmost ease.
How to Supplement These Business English Conversation Videos
Mastering business English is crucial to success at the workplace, and there are many inexpensive and easy ways to do that. These tips will help supplement the learning from the sites listed below.
- Talk to people in person. Make use of lunch breaks to befriend your co-workers. Listen to the people talking to each other in the subway. Introduce yourself to strangers at a networking event.
- Talk online. Social media sites are great places for study groups. You can find learning partners online and chat with them via Skype or other forms of video calling.
- Watch/listen to English films/podcasts/videos. Watching English-language movies are a good way to improve your pronunciation and fluency. Immersion programs that use English content are also a way to boost your skills. For example, the FluentU program offers customized video lessons using film, TV show clips and other types of English videos. You can also check out business-related TV channels, newspapers, audiobooks and podcasts.
- Learn all types of conversations. Yes, you’ll need to focus on conversations that include vocabulary for business meetings and presentations, but remember there will be lots of small talk taking place between you and your colleagues. Some of these videos are only for business settings, but don’t be turned off by those that’ll help you expand your basic conversational skills.
For many of you, fluency in English may not come naturally. But that doesn’t mean you should give up. And remember conversations aren’t just about speaking—they’re also about listening.
So try to be a good listener as well. And, above all, never ever give up. Keep trying, and yes, you’ll succeed.
Archita Mittra is a freelance writer, artist, educator and a self-taught Italian speaker. Feel free to check out her website or contact her for freelancing inquiries.