[Job Opportunity] Freelance Language Learning Blog Writers
Role: Freelance Blog Writer
Rate: $.06 per word
Location: Anywhere, remote
Are you in love with learning or teaching languages?
Do you want your writing to make an impact on a huge audience?
Would you like to be part of a team of top-notch language writers and editors?
Join FluentU’s blog team!
Our blog posts reach millions of readers, and our goal is to create the best language learning blogs anywhere.
FluentU is an online education company that helps people learn languages with real-world videos, including movie trailers, music videos, news and inspiring talks. We have a popular website, iOS app and Android app. Founded in 2011, we’re a profitable, stable company with long-term focus, and we’re proudly self-funded.
We get millions of visitors per month on our website and have hundreds of thousands of people on our email list.
We’re a 100% distributed/remote team. Here’s a little bit more about how we work:
- Your workday is flexible—you decide where and when you work (as long as you get everything done on time!)
- Most of our communication is text-based
- We believe in continuous improvement and are constantly looking for better ways to get things done: Opinions and input are always welcome and encouraged
- We offer constructive feedback and opportunities for growth to every team member
As a FluentU blog writer, your main tasks will be writing new blog posts and revamping historical blog content to improve its accuracy, freshness and off-page/on-page performance.
We’re currently accepting applications for writers who can cover the following blogs:
- 3+ years of experience learning one of the languages covered on the blogs mentioned above
- intermediate/advanced or B2/C1/C2 preferred (self-assessed okay, no certification required)
- experience living abroad is a plus
- eager to guide our readers through all aspects of language learning—from grammar walkthroughs to study tips, favorite language apps—and to share your personal experiences
- capable of writing crisp and clear copy at the level of a native English speaker
- capable of adapting your writing style based on audience/objective, and master our “friendly expert” tone/voice
- a self-starter who can get your work done without someone checking in on you all the time
This job might be for you if you:
- have achieved a high level of proficiency in a language that is foreign to you
- like being able to set your hours and work from home
- are tired of working on one-off projects that don’t build up to anything meaningful
- like working in a collaborative environment
- are comfortable with a fast-changing environment
You should NOT take this job if you:
- are a beginner or early-intermediate language learner
- like following instructions and being told what to do
- don’t like needing to come up with ideas
- are not comfortable in a fast-changing environment
- don’t have a real interest or experience in languages
HOW TO APPLY
To apply for the blog writer role, please click here to fill out the application.