Compensation: Competitive, hourly rate
Employment Type: Freelance, part time
Title: English-Korean Content Localizer
Do you want to help thousands of users learn Korean?
Do you have a strong grasp of the English and Korean languages and their grammar?
You might be the perfect person for this job!
We’re looking for a Korean translator who can translate our English learning material into Korean for our users.
The main requirements of an English-Korean content localizer are:
- Translating English learning content for Korean users: Translations should sound natural yet maintain 1:1 translation as much as possible.
- Keeping content error-free: In addition to accurate Korean translations, you should also be able to spot any errors/mistakes in the English content you translate.
- Adapting to new software: Be ready to learn a variety of platforms through which we communicate and assign tasks. Previous experience with Asana and/or Slack is a plus.
- Working cooperatively with others: Collaborate with other team-members to provide the best language learning services possible.
- A love of language education: We are looking for someone who is passionate about language education, and someone who believes in the positive impact it can have on language learners.
- Knowledge of Korean and English language and language learning: You need to have a good understanding of Korean and English grammar and their structures.
- At least 1 year of experience in English education/translation or linguistic fields: You will need to understand the English learner’s point of view to translate content. Understanding the challenges that learners face and how to guide them are very important parts of the job.
- Strong editing skills and attention to detail: The content you work on will create a strong impression on our users and professionalism, along with accuracy in the completion of your work, is a must.
- The ability to work remotely with a team: Our team is distributed around the globe. While working remotely sounds great at first, if you haven’t done it before, you’ll find that there are many challenges and it’s not necessarily a perfect fit for everyone.
- Having a self-driven and productive attitude: You have to be able to get things done and be ready for a high level of freedom and responsibility.
- Strong written communications: Being an organized and clear communicator is key.
- Stable commitment: You should be able to work 10-15 hours per week on a regular, long-term basis.
Please note that there will be a test that simulates actual FluentU work, and that also the first 90 days are a trial period. It’s difficult to tell whether we are a good fit without actually working together. (Don’t worry—the trial period is paid, of course!). Passing the trial will result in an ongoing position at our company.
To sum up: This is a chance to take a meaningful role in a startup that is on the cutting edge of language education. Perhaps the best part about working at FluentU is reading the user feedback and seeing what a huge impact you are making on their lives.
What Is FluentU?
FluentU is an online education company that helps people learn languages with real-world videos, including movie trailers, music videos, news and inspiring talks. We have a website, iOS app (usually in the top 20-50 grossing iOS education apps), and Android app. Founded in 2011, we’re a profitable, stable company with long-term focus, and we’re proudly self-funded.
FluentU is brought to you by a team of passionate language learners distributed around the world.
What’s It Like to Work at FluentU?
- We’re a 100% remote team with members all over the world
- All of our communication is text-based (mostly via Asana) and we have a low-stress, highly collaborative environment.
- Your workday is flexible—you decide when you work (as long as you get everything done on time!) and where you work (working from home, cafes, coworking spaces—are all welcome).
- Communication is key: Opinions and input are always welcome and encouraged.
- We offer constructive feedback and opportunities for growth.
- We are a friendly and dedicated team!
How to Apply
To apply for the English-Korean content localizer (translator) position, please click here and fill out the form.