This might be your lucky day.
What is FluentU?
FluentU is an education company (started in 2011) that helps people learn languages with real-world videos like movie trailers, music videos, news, and inspiring talks. We have a website, iOS app (usually in the top 20-40 grossing iOS education apps), and a soon to be released Android app. Many people know us through our blog, which is visited ~4 million times every month (which makes it, as far as we know, one of the biggest language learning blogs online).
Why would you want to work here?
- We’re a 100% distributed/remote team. We have a work style that a lot of developers might like (mainly communicate via text with very few or no calls/meetings).
- Have freedom to work when/where you want. We believe in hiring capable people who can largely manage themselves.
- We have a flat, collaborative environment.
- We make decisions based on logic/reason. We prioritize communicating clearly.
- You’ll be working in a small team of talented individuals.
- We’re a profitable, stable company with a long-term focus – proudly self-funded.
- We’re constantly evolving and learning – you will be too.
- We work reasonable/flexible hours.
Why wouldn’t you want to work here?
- We’re a 100% distributed/remote team. Not the most social work environment. We mainly communicate via text with very few or no calls/meetings.
- We might not give as much hand holding as other companies. We don’t want to tell you exactly what to do.
- We can be direct with our feedback.
- With freedom comes responsibility and extra need for accountability. We’ll ask you to report # of hours worked and what you’ve accomplished each day.
- Things can change a lot – we are always experimenting and trying new things.
What is this job about?
This job has a broad range of potential responsibilities. They potentially include:
- Working with our blog team to manage our WordPress-based blog (which is what you’re reading right now).
- Working with our main dev team that builds our FluentU product for web, iOS, Android.
- Working on new projects like Parrot. a new kind of immersive language learning app.
You’ll be working directly with the CEO or founder.
Who we’re looking for
We’re looking for someone who:
- is fluent in English
- has strong backend skills (PHP, MySQL and Symphony3-5)
- professional experience in hands-on software development PHP, MySQL, HTML + CSS;
- strong knowledge of OOP and patterns, SOLID, REST;
- experience with Twig, Git and Unit-testing;
- experience with agile
- no agencies please
How to apply
If you’re interested, please fill out the following form: https://form.asana.com/?k=HylM_Q764sXlVu9dh96idw&d=638262073247