Are you looking for a company where remote is built into the company DNA, and not coronavirus-induced?
Do you have experience with lifecycle management?
Are you passionate about online education?
Note: this post was last updated on July 12, 2020.
Note: we’re also hiring for other positions (https://www.fluentu.com/blog/jobs-at-fluentu/).
This job might be for you if you:
- like being able to set your own hours and work from home
- don’t like drumming up new business or chasing down clients
- like exercising your creativity and experimentation
- like having responsibility
- like working collaboratively
- like having a dependable, reliable stream of work
- want to make the world a better place
- are comfortable with a fast-changing environment.
You should NOT take this job if you:
- are looking for another client to add to your list of clients
- have a strong need/desire for in-person social interaction at work
- like following instructions and being told what to do
- don’t like needing to come up with ideas
- don’t have a real interest or experience in online education.
FluentU is an online education company that helps people learn languages with real-world videos, including movie trailers, music videos, news and inspiring talks. We have a website, iOS app (usually in the top grossing iOS education apps charts), and Android app. Founded in 2011, we’re a profitable, stable company with long-term focus, and we’re proudly self-funded. And we’ve been remote/distributed since day one.
We get 5 million visitors per month on our blogs, 100,000+ people on our email list, and many more receiving web and mobile notifications.
This is a unique opportunity to play a pivotal role on our lifecycle marketing strategy, which is still in the early stages. You’ll be the first person focused specifically on lifecycle marketing, empowered to build a program from the ground up.
As our first CRM / lifecycle marketer, you will use data to understand our users’ journeys with the FluentU app, and build a strategy around providing the right information to the right people at the right time. and provide them notifications that will help them get more value out of FluentU.
As a lifecycle marketer, you would be responsible for:
- Analyze data to monitor how people are using FluentU, identify inflection points in their experience, and drive activation and engagement.
- Putting together strategy for email, push, and in-app notifications to serve content that will retain and educate users, and help them discover new features and value.
- Produce tailored campaigns based on our user segments and use cases. Develop new segments based on observations of our users and where we can deliver focused messages.
- Constantly measure and report campaign performance, rigorously A/B test, and optimize our communications across channels.
- Work closely with other teams – content and product marketing, design, and customer happiness – to serve the most effective content possible.
You do NOT need to be able to design or code (other team members will handle that).
You would work closely with the founder of FluentU (https://www.linkedin.com/in/alancpark/) and our email marketing team.
HOW WE WORK
We’re a 100% distributed/remote team. Here’s a little bit more about how we work:
- Almost all of our communication is text-based (mostly via Asana) and we value clear communication (https://app.tettra.co/teams/fluentu/pages/communication-guidelines), among other things (https://app.tettra.co/teams/fluentu/pages/mission-and-operating-principles).
- Most things are not urgent. We take pride in having a calm work environment.
- We also have a flat collaborative environment.
- We make decisions based on logic/reason.
- We believe in getting things done and continuous improvement.
Our ideal candidate:
- is a veteran at retention, CRM, and lifecycle marketing — ideally 5+ years experience.
- has a track record of successful campaigns backed up by measurable ROI.
- can share proven A/B testing strategies that resulted in optimized results.
- is fluent with email, CRM, and in-app messaging tools.
- You have experience working cross-functionally with creatives to produce world-class work.
- writes and speaks English like a native speaker
- is terrific at written communication.
- is fascinated by how people behave in product experiences, and have a scientific mindset about how to make even small changes in decision-making.
- has a deep interest in language learning or online education.
- is able to work a minimum of 30+ hours per week (pay is hourly: https://app.tettra.co/teams/fluentu/pages/why-we-have-hourly-pay-and-how-it-works-in-practice) and is looking for something long-term.
Employment Type: Full-time
Title: Lifecycle Marketer
HOW TO APPLY
Please click here and fill out the form: https://form.asana.com/?hash=639f23ec3df7795628ff27c7f9eb23a5f1fc6b9fa7e930004b3cfdcbd8b61e08&id=1177825751508460
If you liked this post, something tells me that you'll love FluentU, the best way to learn languages with real-world videos.