Do you have experience in online marketing or writing?
Are you ready to be a part of something big, and help it grow bigger?
Do you want to reach and make positive impact on millions of people?
Note: this post was last updated on May 24, 2020.
Note: we’re also hiring for other positions.
This job might be for you if you:
- like being able to set your own hours and work from home
- don’t like drumming up new business or chasing down clients
- like exercising your creativity and experimentation
- like having responsibility
- like working collaboratively
- like having a dependable, reliable stream of work
- want to make the world a better place
- are comfortable with a fast-changing environment.
You should NOT take this job if you:
- are looking for another client to add to your list of clients
- have a strong need/desire for in-person social interaction at work
- like following instructions and being told what to do
- don’t like needing to come up with ideas
- are not comfortable in a fast-changing environment
- don’t have a real interest or experience in online education.
FluentU is an online education company that helps people learn languages with real-world videos, including movie trailers, music videos, news and inspiring talks. We have a website, iOS app (usually in the top 20-50 grossing iOS education apps), and Android app. Founded in 2011, we’re a profitable, stable company with long-term focus, and we’re proudly self-funded.
We get 5 million visitors per month on our blogs and have 100,000+ people on our email list.
This is a unique opportunity to be the primary person behind our email list and web push strategy.
As our email marketer, you would be responsible for:
- Writing emails and web push notifications
- Setting up funnels
- Conceiving of landing pages and offers
- A/B testing and conversion rate optimization
- Setting up marketing automation
You do NOT need to be able to design or code (other team members will handle that).
You would work closely with the founder of FluentU.
HOW WE WORK
We’re a 100% distributed/remote team. Here’s a little bit more about how we work:
- Almost all of our communication is text-based (mostly via Asana) and we value clear communication, among other things.
- Most things are not urgent. We take pride in having a calm work environment.
- We also have a flat collaborative environment.
- We make decisions based on logic/reason.
- We believe in getting things done and continuous improvement.
Our ideal candidate:
- doesn’t need to have all the skills mentioned in the job description, but should have many of them.
- has marketing experience and intuition
- has a quantitative bent
- is a fast learner who is willing to put in the work to figure it out.
- writes and speaks English like a native speaker
- is terrific at written communication.
- has a deep interest in language learning or online education.
- is able to work a minimum of 15 hours per week (pay is hourly) and is looking for something long-term.
Employment Type: Part-time or Full-time
Title: Email Marketer
HOW TO APPLY
If you liked this post, something tells me that you'll love FluentU, the best way to learn languages with real-world videos.