Seeking an Image Editor
Compensation: Competitive, hourly rate
Employment Type: Freelance, part time
Title: Image Editor
We are looking for an image editor who will upload appropriate images for words in our language education service.
- Upload images for words in all of the different languages we provide services for
- Upload images upon other editors’ requests
- (Depending on your performance) Add tag words to our existing images
- Fluent in English, native level is preferable
- Ability to find images that language learners can easily associate with each word
- Attention to detail
- Computing proficiency
- Basic image editing skills (crop, size editing, adding a simple arrow)
- The ability to work remotely with a team: our team is distributed around the globe. While working remotely with an international team sounds great at first, if you haven’t done it before, you’ll find that there are many challenges and it’s not necessarily a perfect fit for everyone.
- Having a self-driven and productive attitude: you have to be able to get things done and be ready for a high level of freedom and responsibility.
Strong written communication: being an organized and clear communicator is key.
- Stable commitment: being able to work at least 20 hours per week on a regular, long-term basis.
- Efficiency at work: This is a job with hourly pay. That means your time efficiency will be a very important aspect of this job.
What is FluentU?
FluentU is an education company founded in 2011 that helps people learn languages with real-world videos, including movie trailers, music videos, news, and inspiring talks. We have a website, iOS app (usually in the top 20-50 grossing iOS education apps), and Android app. We’re a profitable, stable company with a long-term focus, and we’re proudly self-funded.
How we work
- We’re a 100% distributed/remote team.
- All of our communication is text-based (mostly via Asana) and we have a low-stress environment.
- We also have a flat collaborative environment.
- We make decisions based on logic/reason. We prioritize communicating clearly.
- We can be direct with our feedback.
Please note that there will be a simple test which simulates actual FluentU work, and also that the first 90 days are a trial period. It’s just hard to tell whether we are mutually a good fit without actually working together (Don’t worry, of course you will still be paid as usual during the trial period!). Passing the trial will result in the securing of an ongoing position at our company.
How to Apply
To apply for the Image editor position, please click here and fill out the form.