Employment Type: Freelance (at least 1200 words per week)
Are you in love with learning or teaching Japanese?
Do you want your writing to make an impact on a big audience?
Would you like to be part of a team of top-notch language bloggers?
We aim to create the best language blogs anywhere, and we are looking for freelance writers to contribute regularly to our blog for Japanese language learners!
If you do an excellent job, this freelance writing position has the potential to develop into a part-time or full-time position as a staff writer or editor.
Who You Are
- an advanced or fluent-level Japanese speaker—or a native Japanese speaker with language learning experience
- an experienced (1 year+) learner or teacher of languages
- capable of writing crisp and clear copy on a native English level
- skilled at explaining all aspects of language learning—from grammar to tips and resources
- able to write in the FluentU style, which is friendly, informative and engaging (you can get a better sense of our style by reading through our Japanese Learner blog)
- tech-savvy (familiarity with WordPress is a bonus)
- a self-starter who can get your work done without someone checking in on you all the time
- a fan of setting your own hours and working from home
- terrific at written communication
Who We Are
FluentU is an online education company that helps people learn languages with real-world videos, including movie trailers, music videos, news and inspiring talks. We have a website, iOS app (usually in the top 20-50 grossing iOS education apps) and Android app. Founded in 2011, we’re a profitable, stable company with long-term focus, and we’re proudly self-funded.
We get 5 million visitors per month on our blogs and have 100,000+ people on our email list.
We’re a 100% distributed/remote team. Here’s a little bit more about how we work:
- Your workday is flexible—you decide where and when you work (as long as you get everything done on time!)
- Most of our communication is text-based.
- We believe in continuous improvement and are constantly looking for better ways to get things done: Opinions and input are always welcome and encouraged.
- We offer constructive feedback and opportunities for growth to every team member.
- We are a friendly and dedicated team!
How to Apply
Please click here and fill out the form: FluentU Blogger Application
If you liked this post, something tells me that you'll love FluentU, the best way to learn Japanese with real-world videos.