Compensation: Competitive, hourly rate
Employment Type: Freelance, part time
Title: German Assistant
Are you passionate about language education?
Do you want to help thousands of users learn German?
Do you have a strong understanding of the English and German languages and their grammar?
You might be the perfect person for this job!
We are looking for a German Assistant to help create useful and interesting content for our users.
We are looking for a German native speaker who can support various simple tasks for our German service. Your responsibilities would include:
- Checking images for our German annotations
- Remapping words to the correct annotations
- Transcribing German videos
- Supporting the content team with other various tasks
- Native level of German language and fluent English language skills: You must have a strong understanding of the German language and excellent English communication skills.
- Strong editing skills and attention to detail: The assistance you provide to the content team should be professional and accurate.
- The ability to work remotely with a team: Our team is distributed around the globe. While working remotely sounds great at first, if you haven’t done it before, you’ll find that there are many challenges and it’s not necessarily a perfect fit for everyone.
- Having a self-driven and productive attitude: You have to be able to get things done and be ready for a high level of freedom and responsibility.
- Strong written communications: Being an organized and clear communicator is key.
- Stable commitment: You should be able to work 7-10 hours per week on a regular, long-term basis.
Please note that there will be a test that simulates actual FluentU work, and that also the first 90 days are a trial period. If at any point either party thinks we are not a good fit for each other, they can end this process immediately. Passing the trial will result in an ongoing position at our company. Of course, you will get fully paid during the trial period.
What Is FluentU?
FluentU is an online education company that helps people learn languages with real-world videos, including movie trailers, music videos, news and inspiring talks. We have a website, iOS app (usually in the top 20-50 grossing iOS education apps), and Android app. Founded in 2011, we’re a profitable, stable company with a long-term focus, and we’re proudly self-funded.
FluentU is brought to you by a team of passionate language learners distributed around the world.
What’s It Like to Work at FluentU?
- We’re a 100% remote team with members all over the world
- All of our communication is text-based (mostly via Asana) and we have a low-stress, highly collaborative environment.
- Your workday is flexible—you decide when you work (as long as you get everything done on time!) and where you work (working from home, cafes, coworking spaces—are all welcome).
- Communication is key: Opinions and input are always welcome and encouraged.
- We offer constructive feedback and opportunities for growth.
- We are a friendly and dedicated team!
How to Apply
To apply for the German Assistant position, please click here and fill out the form.