Compensation: Competitive, hourly rate
Employment Type: Freelance, part time
Title: French Content Editor
Are you passionate about language learning and education?
Do you want to help thousands of people around the world learn French?
Do you have a strong understanding of the English and French languages and their grammars?
You might be the perfect person for this job!
We are looking for a French content editor to create useful and interesting content for our users.
Note: We are no longer hiring for this position as of 09/22/2020. You can find other positions to apply for at this link: https://www.fluentu.com/blog/jobs-at-fluentu
- Creating French learning content: The main task of a content editor is to:
- curate French language videos
- transcribe captions
- translate captions into English
- annotate words (define words and write example sentences)
- create vocabulary flashcard sets
- put together French learning courses
- Adapting to new software: Be ready to learn a variety of platforms through which we communicate and assign tasks. Previous experience with Asana and/or Slack is a plus.
- Work cooperatively with others: Collaborate with other editors to find the best ways to provide language learning services.
- A love of language education: We are looking for someone who is passionate about language education, and someone who believes in the positive impact it can have on language learners.
- Knowledge of French and English language and language learning: You need to have a good understanding of French and English grammar and their structures.
- At least 1 year of experience in French education/translation or linguistic fields: You will need to understand the French learner’s point of view to create content. Understanding the challenges that learners face and how to guide them are very important parts of the job.
- Strong editing skills and attention to detail: The content you curate will create a strong impression on our users and professionalism, along with accuracy in the completion of your work, is a must.
- The ability to work remotely with a team: Our team is distributed around the globe. While working remotely sounds great at first, if you haven’t done it before, you will find that there are many challenges and it is not necessarily a perfect fit for everyone.
- Having a self-driven and productive attitude: You have to be able to get things done and be ready for a high level of freedom and responsibility.
- Strong written communications: Being an organized and clear communicator is key.
- Stable commitment: You should be able to work 15-20 hours per week on a regular, long-term basis.
Please note that there will be a test that simulates actual FluentU work, and that also the first 90 days are a trial period. It’s difficult to tell whether we are a good fit without actually working together. (Don’t worry—the trial period is paid, of course!). Passing the trial will result in an ongoing position at our company.
To sum up: This is a chance to take a meaningful role in a startup that is on the cutting edge of language education. Perhaps the best part about working at FluentU is reading the user feedback and seeing what a huge impact you are making on their lives.
What Is FluentU?
FluentU is an online education company that helps people learn languages with real-world videos, including movie trailers, music videos, news and inspiring talks. We have a website, iOS app (usually in the top 20-50 grossing iOS education apps), and Android app. Founded in 2011, we’re a profitable, stable company with long-term focus, and we’re proudly self-funded.
FluentU is brought to you by a team of passionate language learners distributed around the world.
What’s It Like to Work at FluentU?
- We are a 100% remote team with members all over the world.
- All of our communication is text-based (mostly via Asana) and we have a low-stress, highly collaborative environment.
- Your workday is flexible—you decide when you work (as long as you get everything done on time!) and where you work.
- Communication is key: Opinions and input are always welcome and encouraged.
- We offer constructive feedback and opportunities for growth.
- We are a friendly and dedicated team!
How to Apply
To apply for the French content editor position, please click here and fill out the form.