Do you have experience learning or teaching languages?
Do you enjoy being in front of the camera, helping thousands to learn?
Are you looking for consistent and reliable work in a low-stress environment?
Are you looking for a company where you can work with an experienced team to take your skills to the next level?
We’re looking for a video host for FluentU’s YouTube channel! It entails performing on-screen on a weekly basis, with scripts given to you by writers (though you will also take part in writing) on the topic of language learning.
At FluentU, we always have work to be done and are able to provide a reliable and steady workflow for everyone. You’ll be starting at approximately 20 hours/week, with the possibility of going higher. We also try really hard to foster a low-stress environment, which makes the work a lot more enjoyable for everybody!
If you’re interested in taking your acting, diction and communicational skills to the next level, this position is for you.
You would help us make and improve on YouTube videos like the following:
Everyday French vocabulary (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPKKHl4YCYY)
You might also help us create paid English courses like: Master Communication Skills for Business Video Calls in English (https://www.creativa.com/courses/english-for-business-video-calls)
Hiring deadline: Ongoing
Note: we’re also hiring for other positions (https://www.fluentu.com/blog/jobs-at-fluentu/).
This job might be for you if you:
- Have acting and/or hosting experience
- Are you a native English speaker (if you’re a native speaker of another language, we’d be interested in hearing from you, too!)
- Enjoy recording your voice and going on camera
- Have experience teaching and/or learning a language
- Like exercising your creativity & working in a forward-thinking environment
- Enjoy working on collaborative projects
- Value being able to set your own hours and work from home
- Are looking for a dependable, reliable stream of work
- Are comfortable with a fast-changing environment (we experiment a lot, so our processes change from time to time)
You should NOT take this job if you:
- Are uncomfortable with the idea of being recorded or going on camera
- Have a strong need/desire for in-person social interaction at work
- Like following instructions and being told what to do
- Are not comfortable in a fast-changing environment
- Have no interest in educational content
Why you should work with us
- Reliable, recurring and stable work. You’ll be starting at ~20 hours/week (and there’s rarely less work than that, too!)
- The support of multiple team members. We keep a pretty open line of communication between all levels, so it’s easy to approach other people with questions and requests, meaning you’re never left in the dark.
- The ability to impact millions of people through language learning. FluentU as a company has been operating since 2011 and with one of the biggest language learning blogs in the world. Our YouTube channel is an extension of that and you’ll be able to take part in its construction!
- A place to grow as a professional and take your skill to the next level. While only the most competitive candidates are taken in for the job, there is always room for improvement!
- Through rounds of feedback and real-world performance analysis, you’ll be able to constantly improve your diction, acting and speaking skills
- Set your own hours. Although we try to keep clear communication and get back to each other in a timely manner, you’ll be able to set your own hours!
As a video host, you would be responsible for:
- Reading and recording scripts given to you
- Assist writer with language know-how
- Presenting the brand in a friendly, welcoming and trustable way
- Receive feedback on video performance from the team and adapting accordingly
- Coordinate with the rest of the team to improve your videos, including requests, feedback and changes
How to apply
Please click here and fill out the form:
We’re very much looking forward to hearing from you!
FluentU is an online education company that helps people learn languages with real-world videos, including movie trailers, music videos, news and inspiring talks. We have a popular website, iOS app), and Android app. Founded in 2011, we’re a profitable, stable company with long-term focus, and we’re proudly self-funded.
We get 5 million visitors per month on our blogs, and we’re leveraging that to extend our reach on YouTube.
If you liked this post, something tells me that you'll love FluentU, the best way to teach English with real-world videos.