Do you have experience learning or teaching languages?
Do you enjoy making engaging YouTube videos that have an impact?
Are you looking for a company where you can work with an experienced team to take your video creation to the next level?
Do you want to reach and impact millions of people?
Note 1: this post was last updated on January 14, 2021.
Note 2: we’re also hiring for other positions (https://www.fluentu.com/blog/jobs-at-fluentu/).
This job might be for you if you:
- Enjoy recording your voice and going on camera
- Have experience vlogging or creating video content for social media
- Like exercising your creativity & working in a forward-thinking environment
- Enjoy working on collaborative projects
- Value being able to set your own hours, work from home
- Are looking for a dependable, reliable stream of work
- Are comfortable with a fast-changing environment
- Want to stop doing 1-on-1 classes and focus on helping thousands of people
You should NOT take this job if you:
- Are uncomfortable with the idea of being recorded or going on camera
- Have a strong need/desire for in-person social interaction at work
- Like following instructions and being told what to do
- Don’t like needing to come up with ideas
- Are not comfortable in a fast-changing environment
- Don’t have a real interest or experience in language education (this job is for people who are passionate about language learning)
FluentU is an online education company that helps people learn languages with real-world videos, including movie trailers, music videos, news and inspiring talks. We have a website, iOS app (usually in the top 20-50 grossing iOS education apps), and Android app. Founded in 2011, we’re a profitable, stable company with long-term focus, and we’re proudly self-funded.
We get 5 million visitors per month on our blogs, and we’re leveraging that to extend our reach on YouTube.
This is a unique opportunity to have a big impact on our YouTube strategy, which is in the early stages.
You would help us make YouTube videos like the following:
Don’t say “You’re welcome” in English (https://youtu.be/uByjd8TB7V0)
Learn French with Podcasts (https://youtu.be/QJRaz8kRUAw)
You might also help us create paid English courses like:
Master Communication Skills for Business Video Calls in English (https://creativa.thinkific.com/courses/english-for-business-video-calls)
As a video creator and educator, you would be responsible for:
- Coming up with great video and curriculum ideas
- Writing high-quality video scripts
- Carrying out basic competitive research on the video topics (and learn with us)
- Being on camera to host the videos
- Coordinate with the rest of the team to bring your videos to life
- Participate in our conversations & actively engage with the team!
(If you are a video editor, then please also apply to this position instead: https://www.fluentu.com/blog/job-opportunity-reach-a-big-audience-and-make-a-positive-impact-as-a-video-editor/)
We’re doing a broad range of videos that include:
- Breaking down popular scripts (movies, series, songs, etc)
- Teaching vocabulary & mistakes to avoid
- Lessons taught by on-camera teachers on various topics
- And we are open to new content ideas!
You would also work closely with the founder of FluentU.
WHY YOU SHOULD WORK WITH US
- If the partnership works out well, this could become a full-time/long-term collaboration
- This job can provide you the flexibility and safety that you need in your career right now
- We have an open, learning environment
- If you have a passion for Youtube, this is an amazing opportunity to skyrocket your learning about the platform! (We will also be exploring other platforms like Instagram, Facebook or Tiktok in the future)
- You will learn all there is to know about content creation
- We constantly test new approaches and see the results of our efforts first hand (knowledge that is hard, or impossible, to find elsewhere)
- You will grow a lot – once you join the team, we all become invested in your growth!
- You get access to the FluentU platform (which is the best platform to learn languages out there)
HOW WE WORK
We’re a 100% distributed/remote team. Here’s a little bit more about how we work:
- Almost all of our communication is text-based (mostly via Asana) and we value clear communication.
- Most things are not urgent. We take pride in having a calm work environment.
- We also have a flat collaborative environment.
- We make decisions based on logic/reason.
- We believe in getting things done and continuous improvement.
- We do voice/video calls when it makes sense to do so
Our ideal candidate:
- Has a home setup for audio/video recording.
- Has experience with being on video, or recording your voice. (Extra points if you have your own Youtube channel and/or experience working with editors!)
- Is a fast learner who is willing to put in the work to figure it out.
- Is comfortable recording your voice and/or going on camera.
- Writes and speaks English like a native speaker
- Has terrific written communication & is open to improving it even further
- Has experience teaching or learning English, Spanish, French, German, Mandarin Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Russian, or Italian
- Is able to work a minimum of 15 hours per week (pay is hourly: https://app.tettra.co/teams/fluentu/pages/why-we-have-hourly-pay-and-how-it-works-in-practice). Full-time is even better.
HOW TO APPLY
Please click here and fill out the form: https://form.asana.com/?hash=b8bda1497b0dd433bc7c8c2ebeee6542477f7727533078f3ea0f43fde901b265&id=1163256600779361
We’re very much looking forward to hearing from you!
If you liked this post, something tells me that you'll love FluentU, the best way to teach English with real-world videos.