Remote Job: YouTube Video Creator for Established Online Education Company
Do you have experience learning or teaching languages?
Do you enjoy being in front of the camera to help people learn?
Are you looking for consistent and reliable work in a low-stress environment?
This job might be for you if you:
- Have experience making YouTube videos
- Speak English fluently
- Speak a language other than English fluently (we are especially interested in Spanish, French, German, Italian, Russian, Chinese, Japanese, Korean or Portuguese)
- Have experience teaching and/or learning a language
- Enjoy recording your voice and going on camera
- Like exercising your creativity & working in a forward-thinking environment
- Enjoy working on collaborative projects
- Value being able to set your own hours and work from home
- Are looking for a dependable, reliable stream of work
- Are comfortable with a fast-changing environment (we experiment a lot, so our processes change from time to time)
You should NOT take this job if you:
- Are uncomfortable with the idea of being recorded or going on camera
- Have a strong need/desire for in-person social interaction at work
- Like following instructions and being told what to do
- Are not comfortable in a fast-changing environment
- Have no interest in educational content
Hiring deadline: Ongoing
Note: we’re also hiring for other positions https://www.fluentu.com/blog/jobs-at-fluentu/
Founded in 2011, FluentU is an online education company that has been distributed/remote since day one. We help people learn languages with real-world videos, including movie trailers, music videos, news and inspiring talks. We have a popular website, iOS app, and Android app. We’re a profitable, stable, and growing company with long-term focus, and we’re proudly self-funded.
We get millions of visitors per month on our website and have hundreds of thousands of people on our email list.
This is a unique opportunity to be at the ground floor of our YouTube video strategy, which is still in the early stages.
WHAT THIS JOB IS ABOUT
We’re looking for a video creator for one of FluentU’s YouTube channels.
You would help us make and improve on YouTube videos like the following:
- Everyday French vocabulary (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPKKHl4YCYY)
The day to day activities would include:
- Coming up with video ideas
- Writing the learning content and working with a scriptwriter (for some of the more straightforward script styles, we might ask you to write them)
- Performing and filming the script
- Receive feedback on video performance from the team and adapting accordingl
HOW WE WORK
We’re a 100% distributed/remote team. Here’s a little bit more about how we work:
- Almost all of our communication is text-based (mostly via Asana) and we value clear communication (https://app.tettra.co/teams/fluentu/pages/communication-guidelines), among other things (https://app.tettra.co/teams/fluentu/pages/mission-and-operating-principles).
- Most things are not urgent. We take pride in having a calm work environment.
- We also have a flat collaborative environment.
- We make decisions based on logic/reason.
- We believe in getting things done, candor, and continuous improvement.
Our ideal candidate:
- enjoys being on camera
- receives candid feedback with humbleness and a beginner’s/growth mindset
- is scrappy and happy to get their hands dirty when necessary
- understands pedagogy and how to make educational videos
- is comfortable with change and loves experimentation
- is looking for a meaningful mission and wants to create something great.
- is able to work a minimum of 25 hours per week (pay is hourly: https://app.tettra.co/teams/fluentu/pages/why-we-have-hourly-pay-and-how-it-works-in-practice) and is looking for something long-term.
How to apply
Please click here and fill out the form:
We’re very much looking forward to hearing from you!