Chinese is really hard. Especially when you’re a newbie just getting started.
This section is a work in progress and we will fill it up with posts in the coming months.
Please let us know if there’s any post that you’d like to see done sooner.
Answers to Questions You Were Afraid to Ask
- Is Chinese a Language?
- Should I learn Mandarin or Cantonese?
- How hard is learning Chinese, really?
The First Things You Should Know
- The First 3 Things A Chinese Learner Should Know
- Greetings in Chinese
- 20 common Chinese words and expressions to get you started
- The Foundation of Learning Chinese: Pinyin
- The Ultimate Guide to Learning Chinese Tones
- The Ultimate Guide to Learning Chinese Characters
Getting to the Next Level
- Is Each Chinese Character A Chinese Word?
- Here’s a Secret: Writing Chinese Characters Isn’t THAT Important
If you liked this post, something tells me that you'll love FluentU, the best way to learn Chinese with real-world videos.