It’s almost April 4th, meaning that 清明节 (qīng míng jié), aka “Tomb Sweeping Day” is almost upon us. This is the holiday when Chinese people go back to their ancestors’ graves to pay their respects. Traditionally, people burn sacrificial offerings (祭品 - jì pǐn) — like paper money, paper houses, or even paper cars — so that their [...]
Tag Archives | traditional culture
Subscribe / Connect
We curate the web's best tips on learning Chinese and deliver them to your inbox
Try FluentU for Free
This is a blog on learning Chinese by FluentU.
FluentU brings Chinese to life with real-world videos.
- Essential Chengyu
- Quick Guide to Learning Chinese Through Movies
- How to Speak Chinese Fluently
- Get Early Access to the FluentU App!
- 9 Ways to Say Goodbye in Chinese
- 24 Chinese Slang Phrases You Should Know
- Business Chinese Vocabulary List: Job Titles and Positions
- A Secret Technique for Chinese Fluency: Sentence Mining