In the next installment of our No Nonsense Newbie Tips, lets examine another important distinction long giving Chinese learners grief. Like “I know“, “I think” is one of the very first phrases learned when studying a foreign language. In Chinese, there are two phrases with much overlap that can both be translated as “I think”- 我想 and [...]
Tag Archives | newbie chinese
With over 100 blog posts under our belt, we’ve decided to switch gears a bit. This past year, we’ve had a blast bringing you essential chengyus, advanced slang, hot on Weibo, Chinese learner interviews, embarrassing moments, and everything in between. As we consider the opportunities moving forward, we have decided to include a segment thus [...]
Subscribe / Connect
We curate the web's best tips on learning Chinese and deliver them to your inbox
Try FluentU for Free
This is a blog on learning Chinese by FluentU.
FluentU brings Chinese to life with real-world videos.
- Essential Chengyu
- Quick Guide to Learning Chinese Through Movies
- How to Speak Chinese Fluently
- Get Early Access to the FluentU App!
- 9 Ways to Say Goodbye in Chinese
- 24 Chinese Slang Phrases You Should Know
- Business Chinese Vocabulary List: Job Titles and Positions
- A Secret Technique for Chinese Fluency: Sentence Mining