Did you know there are more Chinese internet users than there are Americans? You can bet that many of them are 宅男 (zháinán). 宅男 (zháinán) is Chinese slang for a male geek or nerd, and it literally means “house male.” 宅女 (zháinǚ) means a female geek or nerd. In terms of tone, it’s more or less the [...]
Tag Archives | internet
As part of our Chinese word list series, today we cover Chinese vocabulary for computers and the internet. Our vocabulary list covers everyday life using computers and the internet, as well as some must-know sites (eg. Chinese Youtube, Google, Facebook) and famous people. Enjoy! Types of Internet People blogger —— 博主 —— bó zhŭ male [...]
Subscribe / Connect
We curate the web's best tips on learning Chinese and deliver them to your inbox
Try FluentU for Free
This is a blog on learning Chinese by FluentU.
FluentU brings Chinese to life with real-world videos.
- Essential Chengyu
- Quick Guide to Learning Chinese Through Movies
- How to Speak Chinese Fluently
- Get Early Access to the FluentU App!
- 9 Ways to Say Goodbye in Chinese
- 24 Chinese Slang Phrases You Should Know
- Business Chinese Vocabulary List: Job Titles and Positions
- A Secret Technique for Chinese Fluency: Sentence Mining