In China, red is king. Used to describe everything from money and politics to modern internet memes and ancient artistic imagery, red is the undisputable national color of the Middle Kingdom. Today, lets look at 3 different words with 红(hóng) related to popularity or good fortune. 走红 vs. 爆红 vs. 红火 1. 走红 ( zǒuhóng)- become popular [...]
Tag Archives | explode red
Subscribe / Connect
We curate the web's best tips on learning Chinese and deliver them to your inbox
Try FluentU for Free
This is a blog on learning Chinese by FluentU.
FluentU brings Chinese to life with real-world videos.
- Essential Chengyu
- Quick Guide to Learning Chinese Through Movies
- How to Speak Chinese Fluently
- Get Early Access to the FluentU App!
- 9 Ways to Say Goodbye in Chinese
- 24 Chinese Slang Phrases You Should Know
- Business Chinese Vocabulary List: Job Titles and Positions
- A Secret Technique for Chinese Fluency: Sentence Mining