Do you ever just want to stay uninvolved or tell someone else to mind their own business? If so, today’s Chinese slang word - 打酱油 (dǎ jiàng yóu – get soy sauce) – will be useful. For example, if someone asks you a controversial question and you don’t want to get involved, you can say: “我打酱油的” [...]
Tag Archives | dajiangyou
Subscribe / Connect
We curate the web's best tips on learning Chinese and deliver them to your inbox
Try FluentU for Free
This is a blog on learning Chinese by FluentU.
FluentU brings Chinese to life with real-world videos.
- Essential Chengyu
- Quick Guide to Learning Chinese Through Movies
- How to Speak Chinese Fluently
- Get Early Access to the FluentU App!
- 9 Ways to Say Goodbye in Chinese
- 24 Chinese Slang Phrases You Should Know
- Business Chinese Vocabulary List: Job Titles and Positions
- A Secret Technique for Chinese Fluency: Sentence Mining