Are you a trendsetter, or a bandwagoner? Do you march to the beat of your own drum, or follow the herd? Whether it be sports allegiances, fashion choices, music tastes or other cultural trends, there are those with a unique style, (别具一格), and those who instead prefer to follow along. Today let’s look at 3 [...]
Tag Archives | chinese slang
Do you ascribe a certain personality to any of the foods you eat? The way food-related terms appear in common vocabulary is another wonderful demonstration of the rich imagery ever present in Chinese. Let’s look at 3 different foods, and the different types people they can represent. 开心果 vs. 笨蛋 vs. 傻瓜 1. 开心果 [...]
Subscribe / Connect
We curate the web's best tips on learning Chinese and deliver them to your inbox
Try FluentU for Free
This is a blog on learning Chinese by FluentU.
FluentU brings Chinese to life with real-world videos.
- Essential Chengyu
- Quick Guide to Learning Chinese Through Movies
- How to Speak Chinese Fluently
- Get Early Access to the FluentU App!
- 9 Ways to Say Goodbye in Chinese
- 24 Chinese Slang Phrases You Should Know
- Business Chinese Vocabulary List: Job Titles and Positions
- A Secret Technique for Chinese Fluency: Sentence Mining